Friday 18 March 2011

Holly Fulton at London Fashion Week

Today was Holly Fulton's London Fashion Week show and she did not disappoint. One thing that I think is instantly noticeable is how wearable the collection is. This is something she has improved on season after season and the majority of the pieces of this season's collection are extremely wearable with her signature edginess. 

What I found particularly stunning was her use of print, especially on the maxi skirts and dresses which created a gorgeous summery super luxe finish. And her integration of oversized statement jewellery into the structure of the garments, whilst nothing new, was impeccably done.

Her colour palette was very similar to the majority of her previous collections, mostly blues, yellows and a lot of black, and this is certainly becoming signature of her designs. This could get a bit too samey as time goes on, however I have full faith in Holly that her stunning designs will stop things from ever getting old.

It's difficult to pick a favourite piece from the collection, especially when the maxis she sent out left me close to drooling (and are clothes I would certainly wear if I was so lucky!) but I think I would actually go for the long sleeved yellow shift dress with the statement necklace. It was just so chic, so edgy and so Holly.



Images from Catwalk Queen and Grazia.

No comments:

Post a Comment