Tuesday 1 February 2011

Where is the colour?

It's finally February and any fashion follower knows exactly what that means - London Fashion Week is nearly upon us!

One catwalk designer that I am particularly excited about this year is Holly Fulton. An MA gradute from the Royal College of Art, she is fairly new to the LFW scene. The main thing that grabs me from her collection in comparison to a lot of other designers at LFW is her use of colour. 

This skirt gives a pop of summery colour.
Holly's SS11 collection was a mix of popping yellows and vibrant blues against a vast expanse of drab marles and blacks as selected by a number of other designers. Isn't summer supposed to be about colour?! With flippy skirts, maxi dresses and her statement larger-than-life jewellery the collection was right up my street. 

Geometric prints feature heavily.
I am a complete accessories fiend so as you can imagine I cannot wait to see how she has embellished her AW11 collection and I'm excited to see what will hopefully be another popping colour palette against a near inevitable sea of grey.        

Her catwalk show is on Monday 21st February at 9:45am and I for one am hotly anticipating it. 

Photos from www.hollyfulton.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment